Your child’s Class Plans & documents
Useful Resources for All Students
Book Companies providing ebooks and free logins:
- Primary username: primaryedcobooks Password: edco2020
- Junior cert username: jcedcobooks Password: edco2020
- Leaving cert username: lcedcobooks Password: edco2020
- Folens.ie – folensonline.ie
- Roll number for primary books – Prim20
- Roll number for secondary books – Sec20
- CJ Fallons – cjfallons.ie
- No login required
Twinkl – online worksheets, powerpoints, stories and resources for every class, subject and topic.
- Sign up and use code: IRLTWINKLHELPS
- BrainPop Junior: We love using this resource in class. Now students can use it from home, thanks to free access. Enter your topic in the search engine, e.g., ‘Addition’ (Maths) or browse subjects to select your topic. Watch the video. Take the easy quiz and when you achieve a full score, take the hard quiz! This is very good for concepts like Time, Money and Fractions.
BrainPop JuniorURL : https://jr.brainpop.com
- Mathplayground: There are lots of good Maths Games on this site that help reinforce topics. Browse maths topics by classes/grades (US).
Mathplayground URL: www.mathplayground.com
Username/Password: None required.
- Khan Academy Kids: This is a wonderful app for primary children across all subjects but especially Maths. You will need to download the app onto your phone or laptop to access it. Please follow the instructions in the link below.
KhanAcademyKids URL: https://khankids.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Khan Academy: For older students. Again you will need to download the app following the instructions below.
KhanAcademy URL: https://khanacademy.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040168512-Parent-Quick-Start-Guide
- Duolingo: Try out this super resource for learning Irish – for parents and children! Set-up an account and take the placement test. This will help the app to give you the right level of Irish for your practise. This is a great little website/app. If you can give this 10 minutes a day (basic user), you’ll learn lots!
Duolinguo URL: https://www.duolingo.com/learn
Create an account: An adult email is required to activate your account.
- Cúla4: This is the TG4 website for children with programmes and games to develop Irish language skills. You can select the ‘English’ button to translate the site.
- Bua na Cainte: This is the learning programme that the primary children use in class. For a limited time Edco have made it available to all parents. The children love using this is in school.
Bua na Cainte URL: www.edco.ie/bua
Select the File which suits your PC.
Select the Class Level you require and click to download.
Once downloaded, click on the file to install and follow the instructions.
A Bua na Cainte icon will appear on desktop. Click this icon to bring you to a login page.
- Brainpop Junior: There are excellent resources on this website for English. Click on Reading & Writing. Like with the Maths section, choose the area you want (eg. Fact or Opinion), watch the video and take the Quizzes. There is extra work for each section also.
Brainpop Junior URL: https://jr.brainpop.com/
- Storyline Online: This award-winning site has gorgeous book reading videos to promote reading aloud to children. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a teacher, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for all learners.
Storyline Online URL: https://www.storylineonline.net/about-us/
- Teach Your Monster to Read: This is a really fun website and App to help students with their reading. It is based on a game but is very interactive and will back up what is being done in class.
TeachYourMonstertoRead URL: https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
The game is free to play on a laptop or PC. Parents will need to set up a Username and Password.
The app can be downloaded in Google Play or App Store but costs €0.99c.
- Oral Language – to help with Oral Language and to encourage discussion and conversation, we sometimes look at the photos from the New York Times Archive. Choose a photo, have a chat about what is happening in the photo, what do you think might happen next etc.
NewYorkTimes Photos URL: https://www.nytimes.com/column/learning-whats-going-on-in-this-picture
History, Geography & Science:
- National Geographic Kids: Here, students can access games and videos on specific history and science topics. The range of science experiments to explore at home are easy to set-up and enjoyable for children. There are also lots of resources for learning about all types of animals and cultures.
National Geographic Kids URL: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com
Username/Password: None to access lots of resources on this site.
- BBC History for Kids: This site is no longer updated but still provides a range of videos relevant to the Primary History Curriculum. No passwords are needed.
BBC Kids History URL: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/forkids/
- Dublin Zoo: Children can go to the Dublin Zoo website and watch one of their many live cams to see the animals in their habitats. They also have an Animal Encyclopaedia page where students can read and learn about all the different Zoo animals.
Dublin Zoo URL: https://www.dublinzoo.ie/animals/
- Google Maps / Google Earth: Students in the older classes love exploring around Dublin and the world using Google Earth. Voyager on Google Earth has lots of good quizzes and games and students can explore all of the earths amazing locations, learning fun facts along the way.
Google Earth Voyager URL: https://earth.google.com/web/@0,0,0a,22251752.77375655d,35y,0h,0t,0r/data=CgQSAggB
P.E & Wellbeing:
- GoNoodle: Students love taking a movement break in class using Go Noodle. There are many videos to choose from and you can choose various categories like mindfulness, dance, movement or motor skill. Set up a family account or use the school login below.
GoNoodle URL: www.gonoodle.com
- Cosmic Yoga: Students love this site also and really engage with the Yoga lessons and movements.No logins required.
CosmicYoga URL: https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga