The Leaving Certificate Applied Course (LCA) is a two year programme of continuous assessment with credits being awarded after each module.
The rationale for the LCA is that it;
1. Prepares learners for the demanding transition to adult and working life.
2. Recognises talents of all learners- programme responsive to aptitudes, abilities, needs and interests.
3. Provides opportunity to develop in terms of responsibility, self-esteem and self-knowledge.
4. Develops communication and decision making skills.
5. Helps learners achieve a more independent and enterprising approach to learning and to life.