Colaiste Eoin / Scoil Eoin is a substance use free premises.
Smoking is strictly forbidden in or around the school premises.
- If a student is caught smoking the following will apply:
- Immediate €5 fine.
- Parents/Guardians will be informed.
- A letter will be sent home to be returned signed by the Parent/Guardian.
- Money to be handed to the Principal the following morning.
- Record of student substance use offence kept in the Principals office.
- If a student is found to be in possession of cigarettes, lighters or matches on school premises, these will be confiscated and destroyed.
- Refusal to co-operate or repeat offences will result in Parents/Guardians being requested to discuss the incident in school.
- Continued non-compliance will result in more serious sanctions, i.e. suspension.
Suspected Drug Use, Intoxication, Unusual Out of Control Behaviour
- Parents / Guardians will be contacted to collect student from school.
- Code of Discipline will be implemented regarding seriousness of offence.
- On Health and Safety issues, the Board of Management may impose exclusion from the school.